Hy, I’m Kashif Nadeem and now i am going to explain you “How to connect mySQL database using PHP?“
Try to under this simple connection string given below:
<?php $con = mysqli_connect("localhost", "root", "", "sublimegate"); if(!$con) echo "Database Connection Problem"; else echo "Database Connection Successful"; ?>
In above code you can see that PHP starting and ending tags are given and all mySQL connection Code is written inside these tags.
- $con : is simple varibale in PHP that holds connections string.
- mysqli_connect : is aspecial function used to make connection for mySQL. There are three or four parameters can be written inside it.
- localhost : is your server name if you are using local server.
- root : is a username that is created on local server to control and access mySQL database.
- ” “: is a user password. Here blank show that by default root user has no password.
- sublimegate : is your database name.